The term ‘Robert Welch’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Robert Welch Designs Ltd. Lower High Street, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire GL55 6DY. Our company registration number is 689103, registered in England. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- You must be eighteen years old or older to use this site. If you are under eighteen, you may only use this site with the agreement of, and under the supervision of, a parent or guardian.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
- Your contract for purchases made through trade.robertwelch.com is with Robert Welch Designs Ltd and you agree to the General Conditions of Trade as outlines below.
- All details you provide to trade.robertwelch.com for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods are true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and that the credit or debit card or facility you are using is your own.
- All prices listed on trade.robertwelch.com are correct at the time of entering the information, however, we reserve the right to change prices of any product at any time.
- While every effort has been made to portray items accurately, slight variations may occur. All measurements quoted are approximate and the reproduction of colours is as accurate as photographic and publishing processes will allow. Please note there may be variations in colours dependant on the calibration and settings of individual screens.
- If your delivery address is outside of the UK, you may have to pay import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. You must meet any additional charges for customs clearance. Please note, customs policies vary widely from country to country. We recommend you contact your local customs office for further information.
General Conditions of Trade
1.1 These conditions of sale shall apply to all Contracts of Sale made by Robert Welch Designs Limited ("the Company") and shall continue to apply in the event that the Buyer may by its order or in any other manner seek to impose contrary or inconsistent terms and/or conditions which may seek or purport to modify or negate these conditions.
2. Basis of the sale
2.1 The Company shall sell and the Buyer shall purchase the Goods in accordance with any written quotation of the Company which is accepted by the Buyer, or any written order of the Buyer which is accepted by the Company, subject in either case to these Conditions, which shall govern the Contract.
2.2 No variation to these Conditions shall be binding unless agreed in Writing between the authorised representatives of the Buyer and the Company.
2.3 The Company’s employees or agents are not authorised to make any representations concerning the Goods unless confirmed by the Company in Writing. In entering into the Contract the Buyer acknowledges that it does not rely on any such representations which are not so confirmed.
3. Orders and specifications
3.1 The Buyer shall be responsible to the Company for ensuring the accuracy of the terms of any order (including any applicable specification) submitted by the Buyer, and for giving the Company any necessary information relating to the Goods within a sufficient time to enable the Company to perform the Contract in accordance with its terms.
3.2 No order which has been accepted by the Company may be cancelled by the Buyer except with the agreement in Writing of the Company and on terms that the Buyer shall indemnify the Company in full against all loss (including loss of profit), costs (including the cost of all labour and materials used), damages, charges and expenses incurred by the Company as a result of cancellation.
3.3 The Company will only in its absolute discretion accept minimum orders.
4. Price of the goods
4.1 The price of the Goods shall be the Company’s quoted price or, where no price has been quoted (or a quoted price is no longer valid), the price listed in the Company’s published price list current at the date of acceptance of the order.
4.2 The Company's list price does not include V.A.T. which the Buyer shall be additionally liable to pay to the Company at the prevailing rate.
5. Terms of payment
5.1 Subject to any special terms agreed in writing between the Buyer and the Company, the Company shall issue a pro forma invoice and dispatch the goods only upon receipt of full payment.
5.2 Where credit terms are agreed these may be withdrawn without notice.
5.3 The Company may charge interest without prejudice to its other rights on overdue accounts at 3% above base rate.
6.1 The cost of delivery of the goods within the UK will be free of charge in respect of goods to the value of £200 or more net of discounts and exclusive of V.A.T.
6.2 The cost of all other deliveries shall be charged at a minimal flat rate per order, for mainland UK.
6.3 The Company shall not be liable for the consequences of non-delivery due to circumstances outside its control or to the inability or refusal of one or any of its suppliers to supply or deliver any goods to the Company.
6.4 Any dates quoted for delivery of the Goods are approximate only and the Company shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the Goods however caused. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence of the Contract unless previously agreed by the Company in writing. The Goods may be delivered by the Company in advance of the quoted delivery date upon giving reasonable notice to the Buyer.
6.5 If the Buyer fails to take delivery of the Goods or fails to give the Company adequate delivery instructions at the time stated for delivery (otherwise than by reason of any cause beyond the Buyer’s reasonable control or by reason of the Company’s fault) then, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the Company, the Company may:
6.5.1 store the Goods until actual delivery and charge the Buyer for the reasonable costs (including insurance) of storage; or
6.5.2 sell the Goods at the best price readily obtainable and (after deducting all reasonable storage and selling expenses) account to the Buyer for the excess over the price under the Contract or charge the Buyer for any shortfall below the price under the Contract.
6.6 All goods must be examined at the time of actual delivery to the Buyer and a clear signature provided by the Buyer confirming receipt of the Goods in good condition.
7.1 Goods cannot be returned without prior agreement of the Company in writing. Any Goods so returned must be in their original wrapping and packaging and in pristine condition.
8. Designs and Specification
8.1 Due to the Company's programme of continuous product development the Company reserves the right without notice to modify or amend designs and specifications. Advertisements, catalogues and other material are only intended to present a general indication of the products.
9.1 The Company must be informed in writing in the event Goods are not received in satisfactory condition within the following time limits:-
(a) within 3 days of delivery in respect of damage, loss or non-delivery of part of consignment
(b) within 7 days of despatch/expected delivery of the whole consignment
10. Copyright and Trademarks
10.1 Under no circumstances shall any Intellectual Property Rights in any of the Goods or Company's products be infringed. It is the Company's policy to take immediate action in the event of such infringement. If any Buyer becomes aware of any apparent imitations of the Company's designs it would be appreciated if the Company were so advised so that appropriate action can be taken.
11. Risk and Property
11.1 Title to the Goods shall remain in the Company until the Company has received payment in full for the Goods. The risk in the Goods shall pass to the Buyer on delivery.
11.2 The Buyer grants an irrevocable licence to the Company to enter on to the Buyer’s premises for the purpose of repossession of the Company’s property.
12. Force Majeur
12.1 The Company accepts no liability for delay or non-performance of any terms of contract caused by force majeur or by any industrial dispute, accident, fire, scarcity of labour or by any cause not directly within the Company's control.
13.1 No waiver by the Company of any breach of the Contract by the Buyer shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
13.2 If any provision of these Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these Conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
13.3 The Contract shall be governed by the laws of England, and the Buyer agrees to submit to the non‑exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
13.4 In accordance with the UK Competition Act 1998 (as amended), the customer agrees that they will not sell Robert Welch Designs products through any price comparison website or third party online seller within the market place without prior written consent from Robert Welch Designs senior management team. Robert Welch Designs reserves the right to cease trading with any such parties who fail to agree with these terms.