Signature Recipes | Triple fennel & crab spaghetti with chilli and herbs
A simple midweek meal full of flavour from chef Georgina Davies.
This is such a simple but delicious dish. It is my go to if I have friends for dinner midweek. You can prepare the fennel, onion and crab mixture ahead and then just cook the pasta and mix everything together when you’re guests arrive. This dish is both luxurious and comforting.
300g mixed crab meat
1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced
1 onion, thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tsp fennel seeds
1 red chilli, finely chopped
1 small bunch of dill, finely chopped
1 small bunch of mint, finely chopped
1 small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
Zest & juice of 1 lemon
A good glug of olive oil
- In a large frying pan, sauté the fennel, onion and garlic over a medium to low heat for 20minutes, until really soft and caramelised. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, boil a large pan of salted water and cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
- Off the heat, add the crab, fennel seeds, chilli, lemon zest and juice and all of the chopped herbs to the fennel and onion mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a little of the water it was cooked in. Pour the spaghetti into the pan with the crab and fennel mixture; combine really well over a low heat to coat the pasta with all of those lovely flavours. Add a splash or two of the pasta water to loosen it all up to a silky texture.
- Finally, drizzle over a good glug of olive oil and serve with a crisp green salad.
Remember to share your #ONEINAMILLION successes with us and #ROBERTWELCH.